Friday, August 24, 2012

Flannel Friday: The Bus for Us?

I really love Suzanne Bloom's The Bus for Us and was heartbroken when I couldn't find it on the shelf for my Back to School story time. But instead of giving up and moving on I decided to see if I could make a decent flannel game based on Tess and Gus' morning adventure. Sometimes I'm stubborn.

Luckily I already had a school bus and a fire engine as part of my Things That Go set, so I whipped up a mail truck and a tow truck, spent a couple minutes trying to figure out what rhymes with "us" and came up with this:





I'll pick up your car,
If it's broken down or covered in rust,
Then I'll take it to the garage for repairs.

Is this the bus for us?

No! It's a tow truck!

With a wieoo-wieoo-wieoo-wieoo,
I race to the scene without any fuss,
I help the firemen do their job.

Is this the bus for us?

No! It's a fire engine!

Rain or shine, sleet or snow,
There's just not much to discuss,
I get the mail where it needs to go.

Is this the bus for us?

No! It's a mail truck!

Every morning the kids hop on,
Getting to school on time is a must,
At the end of the day I'll see them again.

Is this the bus for us?

Yes! It's a school bus!


Flannel Friday is hosted this week by Lisa at Libraryland. Visit the official Flannel Friday website to learn more about this awesome initiative and browse past round-ups.

4 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job with these felt pieces! So much detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative! Sometimes being stubborn is a good thing. :-)

    I love your details on all of the vehicles! Thanks for sharing.

    ~ K ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vehicles are awesome! I can just imagine all of the kids shouting at you, "NOOOOOOO!" when you lift the felt piece. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wyndham Cusco hotel
    The Wyndham Cusco hotel is the ideal hotel for travelers seeking easy access to the Imperial City and Peru’s fabled attractions. With full-service comfort and a score of thoughtful amenities, culture lovers, history seekers and explorers alike will appreciate this Cusco hotel’s easy access to iconic lures like Machu Picchu, Pisaq, and the Urubamba Sacred Valley.
    Go to:>> http://wyndhamcusco.com/

    ReplyDelete