Friday, January 27, 2012

Flannel Friday: Little Mouse, Little Mouse

You Guys! What do I have up here on the board? House? Yes, they're houses! Let's all count them together, okay? 1,2,3,4,5. 5 houses! And they're all different colors! Guess what you guys? Hiding in one of these house is a little bitty mouse! And we have to find him.

This is how we'll find him. We'll ask "Little Mouse, Little Mouse are you in the ..... house?" What color do you want to start with? Purple? I hear purple, let's try that. Ready? "Little Mouse, Little Mouse, are you in the purple house?"

Nope. He wasn't in the purple house. Which color should we try next? Red? You want to try red? Okay. All together now "Little Mouse, Little Mouse, are you in the red house?"

You Guys! We found the mouse! Good job. Which house was he hiding in? That's right! The red house! Now, should we check our other 3 houses, just to make sure there isn't a 2nd mouse? Okay, what's our rhyme again?

...

Well, we only found one mouse. Which house was he in again? The red house? Good job finding him y'all. I am so proud of you. Okay, the mouse is going to hang out up here, in the top corner, because he doesn't want to miss any of story time.

7 comments:

  1. Little Mouse and all of its variations is definitely my favorite flannelboard game to play in storytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every children's librarian should have Little Mouse in his/her felt board collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mouse is cute! I agree with Anne--- this is a must have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This flannel board could go with so many themes. Definitely need to make this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Miss Mouse (our story time mascot -- she's been around 30 years), says "great hiding mousey! Red's always been my favorite too!" (storytime.readingchick.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little Mouse is the most important flannelboard there is! I have a store-bought version, but have my own set in the works for someday...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe I had never heard of this game until I started following you ladies on Flannel Friday a few months ago. I guess you DO learn something new every day! I need to make this one...

    ReplyDelete